Monday, October 22, 2012

The Final Fall Voyage ~ A Trip to Potts Harbor



Since the boat is being hauled out next weekend, we decided to make one last trip to my dad’s most favorite watering hole, the Dolphin Marina and Restaurant in Harpswell, Maine.


Not only do they have the best fish chowder in New England (which they serve with a homemade blueberry muffin), but they command quite a spot on a beautiful point overlooking Potts Harbor. Family-owned for over 40 years, the Dolphin always treats us like family too when we visit – and the Bloody Marys aren’t too shabby either (according to my dad…I’m still too little to try one)!


As a special treat my mom saved me her blueberry muffin, which took me about 3.0 seconds to inhale and left tasty blueberry crumbs all over my fuzzy little grill. 

{3...}

{2...}

{GONE}

 After that I was really in need of a walk so we pulled into port at Chebeague Island for a quick stroll but alas, some people were playing a round of golf and my parents (for reasons completely incomprehensible to me) don’t think I’m mature enough to refrain from running full speed onto the course and taking off with those nice peoples' golf balls. I don’t know where they get this stuff. I made sure to tell them how put out I was about my abruptly terminated walk:


So for one last time we puttered up the river, back to the boatyard where she’ll be buttoned up for winter and rest quietly until next spring (which, btw, takes a FREAKISHLY long time to arrive here in Maine). 



Not a bad little Sunday!

 P.S. How do you like my hAirecut?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Sage Marie! That is a pretty good way to spend a Sunday. I have never been in a boat, just a little rubber raft...now I want a boat...and a blueberry muffin....and my own baby! Congrats :D

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete